Friday, December 12, 2008

Sleep Training and Solid Food

Allison is fast approaching the magic age of solid foods. I decided to give her some rice cereal this morning. She didn't really like it very much. I'm not sure she swallowed any but I'll try again later. She seems to be nursing more often (especially at night) so I think she needs more than just milk. She sure is growing fast.

She doesn't want to be swaddled any more, which is fine, but ever since we stopped swaddling her she wakes up a lot. When I try to swaddle her to help her sleep she gets really mad. I'm not sure what to do. I guess Allison just needs to figure out what she wants to do with her arms when she sleeps. The baby monitor stopped working so I guess now is a good time to sleep train her. We only hear her crying if she's REALLY crying. I forgot how much work babies are. In the beginning I just kept telling myself, "when she's 4 months it will be easier." Well, she's almost four months and it's actually gotten harder. It really doesn't get easier until about six months, at least that's how it was with Noah. I guess I was just hoping this one would be sooner. At least she's not sick anymore and she's happy, even if I'm still sleep deprived.

2 comments:

The Ericksons said...

I'm so glad she is not sick anymore! It is so scary and sad to have sick babies! Sleeping is rough. I only have Paige, but it was hard for us for 10 months. Now its bliss! Hang in there!

Crystal said...

Jayden's three and he still wakes up in the middle of the night, or early morning. :-) But hang in there it does get better.