Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Doctors

Allison has been very sick. We took her to the doctor on Monday and the doctor said she has RSV. She wanted a follow up the next day. When I took her in this morning I saw the other doctor who wasn't sure that she has RSV, so she ordered a test to make sure. I was told they would call with the results in a few hours. When they didn't call, I called them. The test wasn't back yet but the nurse told me that if the test is positive there isn't anything we can do because it's a virus. If it's not RSV then it's likely some other virus. If the test is positive, do nothing. If the test is negative, do nothing. So, I'm wondering, why bother ordering the test in the first place?? It just doesn't make sense.

So now I'm thinking of changing pediatricians. The time leading up to Allison's birth was very hectic for us and we didn't have time to really research doctors. We ended up going to the first one Keith found in the phone book. I haven't been particularly happy with them. When I went in with Noah shortly after having Allison the doctor thought I was pregnant. That's not a big deal but I had just been there a few days earlier with Allison and saw the same doctor. It just seems like they don't really care. The front desk people aren't very nice and we always have to wait a really long time to see the doctor. Anybody know a good pediatrician in the Burke/Springfield area?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey good luck with the projects. sounds pretty dirty! and yah i think i would get new drs, they sounds really busy, and i hate it when i feel like people don't remember me AT ALL. i know drs are busy, but come on!

Crystal said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog. Guess I don't pay attention. Anyways, I would definitely change doctors until you find one you're happy with. I still can't find a doctor out here that I love but I'd definitely recommend Bull Run Family Practice in Manassas but that's kinda far away. Good luck!

Yvonne said...

I think there is a pediatrician in the Traford Lane area where we used to go when you were young. However, I don't the the group of doctors we saw is there anymore.

Frederick Garner is a pediatritian we saw a few times. He is in Burke.

Do you have a ward list serve. Try using that to ask for suggestions for people in your ward.

I hope you find someone.

Crystal said...

yeah know one knew, well Cassie, but other than that I haven't told anyone other than my fam. Guess I don't want people to judge me and tell me I'm crazy, cause I already know that. Utah is boring believe it or not I miss the summer, but it is nice to have my house back. Glad to hear allison is getting better. You guys should come visit :-)