Thursday, February 12, 2009

Shopping Carts

I am way overdue for a new post. Better late than never, right? Things have been quite busy for us around here. Keith started the winter season of his basketball league. He played the fall season and liked it so he signed up again. It's at a place called Hoops Magic. It's HUGE! It has 5 full courts in one gym. Quite amazing.

I am currently training for a half marathon. It's been a goal of mine since after I had Noah. I decided when I got pregnant with Allison that I wouldn't have any more babies until I did it. So, we bought a treadmill and I started a training program. It's pretty hard, but has been easier than I expected. I have been able to reach each goal so far. I am only up to running 3 miles at a time but I still have 9 1/2 weeks to go. The race in is Ocean City, MD on April 17th. I figured a coast would be pretty flat so that's why I picked it.

Allison is now sitting up all by herself. She does fall over after a little while but she's getting stronger and stronger. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She really enjoys solid food and I am considering putting her on formula. I've been nursing her for almost 6 months now and I'm getting kind of tired of it. Keith thinks I should go till she's 9 months. We'll see.





Noah is still Noah. He's getting bigger and bigger and more and more independent. Last week we found a toy shopping cart at the thrift store. Best 99cents I ever spent. He loves that thing! This morning we went grocery shopping and he insisted on using his own little cart. So we walked through the store and I filled his cart first and then mine. He kept stopping to tell everyone all the things he had in his cart. It was pretty cute.


Here's Noah "teaching" Allison to sit up. He thought is was really fun to fall down.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

andrew has a little shopping cart too! i havn't let him take it to the store though... wow allison is 6 months already! i wish you lived closer so noah and andy could play!

Unknown said...

Cute! Thanks for the update, I so want a treadmill. Good luck with the half marathon I'm jealous, I have my own goal to run a full marathon (I guess you could say it's on my bucket list).

Crystal

Kara said...

I don't think you can ever go wrong spending .99, it's just an added bonus to actually love your purchase.

Okay I'm commenting on your cute Valentine-sy blog. Now you're obligated to comment on mine. I'm even considering a special post in honor of no punctuation.

Cindy said...

I love the picture in your header -cute blog! By the way, Gavin loved the Valentine candy Noah gave him on Sunday.