Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Vindication

Lately, Allison has been impossible at the grocery store. The main problem is that she always stands up in the cart. I'm not talking about the main compartment, I'm talking about the basket in the front. Now, you might be thinking, "why don't you just use the straps?" They don't work, you'd sooner hold back the wind then get that girl to sit down. After a few experiences of getting stern looks and judgemental words from strangers I decided that I would start putting her in the main compartment with Noah. She can stand up there and it's less dangerous. Unfortunately, she thinks it's fun to throw all the groceries out of the cart. So, do I let her stand in the basket and endure the judgements of others or put her in the main compartment where she'll chew through the butter box and throw everything else out?

Today I saw a mother with a little girl Allison's age standing in the front basket. Finally! I'm not the only one. So I say, let them judge! I know that my baby girl is safe because I'm standing right there and I will catch her if she falls.

3 comments:

benana said...

you're so not the only one. Ben looked at me during stake conference and said "their little girl is just like how natty was (and is) into everything and always moving"

SO TIRING!

Kara said...

HA-larious. Makeena did, and still does, the same thing. Right before we moved here, we were at Walmart and I was looking at something on the shelf when an old lady screams, "AUGH- Watch your baby!" She had climbed out of the straps and was ready to nose-dive onto the floor. Talk about embarrassing.

You just have to be armed with enough treats to feed a circus. Then maybe you can get out of there with as few judgmental looks as possible.

Jen Evans said...

I am majorly into couponing so I can spend hours at the store at the time. I've gotten my mom into it too, secretly so that I can get her to walk around with Lizzie while I do my shopping because Lizzie is impossible too. I even tried loading up my ipod with raffi and primary music but she still just wanted me to coddle her.