Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter and Marathon

It's been an eventful few weeks since I last posted. We'll start with Easter. The Friday before Easter we went to my parents house for an egg hunt with the cousins. Noah really liked finding the eggs and especailly opening them to find chocolate candy inside! That same evening we went to the other cousin's house and colored eggs. On Easter sunday we went to my parents house for dinner. It was really fun to see all the kids together enjoying the holiday.


Last week, the kids took their first of many baths together. It is much easier to bath them when you can do both at once. Maybe I can actually start bathing them more than once a week. :-)




On the 18th I ran in the Ocean City Half Marathon. I was so nervous the night before I didn't sleep at all. I was freaking out because it would be a lot harder to run 13.1 miles on no sleep. Somehow I got through it. My goal was to average a 10 minute mile and I pretty much did that. I finished in 2 hours and 11 minutes. Out of 370 runners I finished 224th. Pretty good for my first time I think. I really had a lot of fun. The weather was beautiful. We really couldn't have asked for a more beautiful morning. It was in the 50s when I started and probably about 70 when I finished and sun was shining the whole time. I can't wait to run another one. Anyone want to join me for the Richmond Half-Marathon is September?

This was in the 11th mile. Almost there!



After the race we walked to the beach and enjoyed the scenery a little bit. Then there was a post-race party at a local hotel with pizza and goodies and a hot tub. Man, that hot tub felt so good on my tired legs! Overall, it was a great experience. The only thing that could have made it better would be to have seen my kids at the finish line too. But, we left them with the grandparents (thanks guys!) because they would not have enjoyed getting up at 5 am. I couldn't have done it without Keith's support. He's so wonderful and I'm so lucky to be married to him!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey i think richmond sounds fun!! i will see what i can do. i keep looking for reasons to get back east!good job!!! i would be so scared starting out such a big race on no sleep...

Crystal said...

Looks like you did a great job! I would be afraid that I wouldn't finish. I agree that bathing them together is much easier. I've been doing that since Kjersti was an infant, I think. Anyways, congrats again and good luck in Richmond.

The Ericksons said...

Hey! Good job! Looks like fun...wait, not really, but I am glad you had a good time!!!

Cindy said...

Good for you! I don't know how you even managed to train for it. I'm very impressed!
As for the kids, I can't wait until Andrew can take baths with Gavin.

Angela said...

Congratulations Heather on the half marathon! So proud of my sister.