Thursday, March 19, 2009

Williamsburg

I'm a little behind on blogging as usual. Last week was Keith's birthday. He turned the big 2-7. As he puts it he's not pushing 30 until he's 28. Right now he's only leaning towards it. I surprised him with a weekend trip to Williamsburg. We left the kids with the grandparents and drove down on Friday. Unfortunately, it rained the whole time we were there so there wasn't a lot to do. It was still quite enjoyable, nontheless. It was really nice to have a break from the kids and get to sleep in even for just one day. We came back on Sunday morning. It was the longest I've ever been away from Allison and I was amazed how much I missed her even though it was such a short time.

On Saturday morning we went for a 10 mile run which was really fun. We ran along a road through the forest. It was raining but not much got through the trees so it wasn't too bad. After our run we went back to the hotel and spent the afternoon eating pancakes and watching tv. We went to a nice steak dinner after that and then saw a movie. We saw Taken which we both really liked. Here are some pictures from the trip.


At the hotel.

The Chophouse, where we had dinner.

Now on to the kids. Allison has become little-miss-grabby-hands. Whenever we eat she insists on sitting on my lap and trying to grab food off my plate. We were eating chicken noodle soup for lunch today and I was helping Noah with his food and Allison hit the side of my bowl and the broth flew. Amazingly, she didn't get any on her while I got soaked. Noah just said, "uh-oh!" and I think he was relieved that, for once, he wasn't going to get in trouble for making a mess with food. Sigh.

Noah helped set the table for dinner tonight. He did such a good job. Here he is showing off his work. Notice the placement of the glasses. I can't believe how grown up he is getting.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun trip!!! wow the thought of running 10 miles right now makes me feel like SOO out of shape. thats so cute noah can help set the table!

Crystal said...

Your kids are so cute! I second Cassie's response, I get out of breath climbing stairs now.

Cindy said...

Glad you guys had a fun weekend! Noah did a great job with the table and he looks so proud!

April said...

Cute Noah, what a stud. No wonder Ava can't resist! We will be there April 8! Oh, and it makes my body hurt to think of running, and I can't believe you got Keith to do it too. Luke thinks he walks enough in the summer to last him the whole year.

Tiffany and Jon said...

hey, we went private and I need you email to invite you!